Stone follows the tradition of inviting tech luminaries such as Bob Parsons of GoDaddy, Tony Hsieh of Zappos and Steve Wozniak of Apple Computer to give keynote speeches.
For the news release announcing Stone as a keynote speaker, which also includes details of other key speakers, along with DOMAINfest panels, presentations and workshops, see below:
Biz Stone, Co-Founder of Twitter, Will Keynote 2012 DOMAINfest Global Conference [news release]
World-Class Roster of Speakers Lined Up To Discuss Latest Insights in Variety of Online Marketing and Traffic Monetization Topics
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (November 9, 2011) – DomainSponsorÂ®, the domain traffic monetization division of Oversee.netÂ® and organizer of the critically acclaimed DOMAINfestÂ® series of conferences, announced today that Biz Stone, Co-Founder of Twitter will keynote the 2012 DOMAINfest GlobalÂ® Conference to be held from January 31 to February 2, 2012 at the luxurious Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica, Calif.
As a progenitor of the early social web, Biz Stone became an Internet entrepreneur in 1999 and went on to work for Google. In 2006 he co-founded Twitter, Inc. a real-time, one-to-many network that has changed the way people communicate.
Biz has been named Nerd of the Year by GQ, one of the Most Influential People in The World by TIME magazine, Entrepreneur of the Decade by Inc Magazine, and one of Vanity Fairâs Top Ten Most Influential People of the Information Age.
In June, 2011 with his long-time collaborators Evan Williams and Jason Goldman, Stone co-founded The Obvious Corporation, Inc. to focus on building systems that help people work together to improve the world.
Stone will continue DOMAINfestâs tradition of featuring keynote speakers known for their entrepreneurial success, innovative business strategies and inspirational stories. Past keynoters have included Bob Parsons, CEO of Go Daddy, Ben Mezrich, author of âAccidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook,â Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos and Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple Computer.
DOMAINfest will also continue its tradition of providing attendees with the opportunity to get important online marketing and traffic monetization tips from expert speakers and panelists. The initial list at its 2012 DOMAINfest Global conference includes the following leaders in their respective areas of expertise. To see full bios and complete list of experts, visit domainfest.com/experts.
- Tim Ash, CEO, SiteTuners. Tim is the author of the bestselling book Landing Page Optimization, and CEO of SiteTuners, a firm that specializes in improving website conversion rates through landing page diagnosis and redesign, custom conversion consulting, a/b and multivariate test planning and staff training/mentoring.
- Andy Atkins-Krueger, CEO of WebCertain Group. His company brings together native speakers from countries around the world to provide a centralized hub for clients. Andy writes regular columns for SearchEngineLand and SearchEngineWatch. He also speaks regularly at conferences around the world.
- Bruce Clay, President of Bruce Clay, Inc. Bruce is the founder and president of Bruce Clay, Inc., a global Internet marketing optimization firm providing search engine optimization, pay per click, social media marketing, conversion rate optimization, SEO-friendly Web design and architecture, and SEO tools and training.
- Jeff Ferguson, CEO, Fang Digital Marketing. Jeff has led the online marketing efforts for companies such as Hilton Hotels, Kimberly-Clark, InterActiveCorp, Experian, Napster, and Local.com. Jeff has also served as a consultant for renowned clients such as American Airlines, Farmers Insurance, Hilton Hotels, KinderCare, eHarmony, and Toyota.
- Ken Hansen, Senior Director, Business Development for Neustar Inc. Ken led the business development efforts that resulted in Neustarâs entry into the registry business, the award of .BIZ by ICANN and the Department of Commerce selection of Neustar to operate and administer the .US TLD.
- Bill Hunt, President of Back Azimuth Consulting. Bill is an internationally recognized Search Marketing expert who has spoken at conferences in over 30 countries. He is the co-author of the best selling book “Search Engine Marketing, Inc. Driving Traffic to Your Companies Web Site.â Bill has previously been the CEO of two of the largest Global Search marketing firms.
- Peter Hamilton, Partner and CMO, HasOffers.com. Peter has more than six years of experience in digital marketing, specializing in search engine optimization, reputation management, social media strategies, online multimedia, and digital advertising.
- Joanna Lord, Director of Customer Acquisition, SEOmoz.org. Joanna currently heads up SEOmozâs paid search, affiliate, and acquisition marketing efforts. She is also a well-known social media enthusiast and frequent conference speaker.
- Oliver Roup, Founder and CEO, VigLink. Oliver is the founder and CEO of VigLink, a content monetization solution that pays website publishers for clicks from their content. He was a Director at Microsoft in charge of product for various media properties.
- David Rodnitzky, CEO, PPC Associates. David heads up a leading search engine marketing agency managing more than $85 million of annual marketing spend on Google AdWords, Yahoo, Microsoft, and Facebook.
- Brook Schaaf, Founder & CEO, Schaaf-PartnerCentric. Brook has been in the performance marketing industry since 2000. He was the Affiliate Program Manager for multi-million dollar programs at Zappos.com, Shoes.com, and Edmunds.com.
- Danny Sullivan, Editor-In-Chief of Search Engine Land. Danny is a leading search engine expert and journalist, having written about the topic for more than 15 years.
- Jay Weintraub, Founder and CEO, NextCustomer, Inc. Jayâs company produces and promotes the LeadsCon and Daily Deal Summit conference series that serve more than 5,000 attendees each year.
DOMAINfest Panels, Presentations and Workshops
This yearâs agenda topics were selected to provide online marketers, publishers and domain investors with a chance to sharpen their skills and improve their chances for success in 2012. As a slight change to the format this year, all speakers and panelists will be asked to present a brief, hard-hitting slideshow. Moderator and audience Q&A will follow panelist presentations.
- Workshop: Everything You Need to Know about New TLDs
- Workshop: Analyzing Keywords to Find Revenue Opportunities
- Workshop: Domain Valuation Techniques for Buying and Selling
- Panel: Advanced PPC Best Practices and Campaign Management Tools
- Panel: Mobile and Local Opportunities For Publishers and Advertisers
- Panel: Affiliate Lead Generation Best Practices
- Panel: SEO Tips and Best Practices for 2012
- Presentation: Landing Page Optimization Best Practices and Conversion Tools
To see full agenda details, please visit domainfest.com/agenda.
DOMAINfest Global 2012 will host its third annual PITCHfest Contest. This contest will give 10 entrepreneurs 3 minutes each to pitch their new business concept to a panel of angel investor judges as well as to an audience consisting of over 700 internet professionals from 30 countries. Contest rules and application instructions are available on this webpage: domainfest.com/pitchfest. Judges include:
- John Morris, CEO Advisory Group Chair for Vistage International in Los Angeles. John is Chairman Emeritus of the Tech Coast Angels, the largest angel organization in the country. He is an experienced venture capitalist and angel investor.
- Jeff Cohn, Founder & CEO, eStrategy Partners. Over the last 10 years Jeff has split his time as an entrepreneur and as a VC focusing on investment opportunities in Southern California. Jeff has worked for San Francisco based MHS Capital, Austin based Hunt Ventures and Los Angeles based Tech Coast Angels.
- Scott Jarus, Chairman and CEO of Ironclad Performance Wear. Scott is a member of Oversee.netâs Board of Directors. Previously, Scott was an investor in and Chief Executive Officer of Cognition Technologies, Inc.
Discounted Registration and Hotel Rooms
Prospective attendees can save $100 by registering online for $1,195 before December 31, 2011. Registration includes sessions, exhibit hall access, evening networking parties and all meals throughout the three day conference. To register, please visit: domainfest.com/register.
DOMAINfest has arranged for discounted hotel room rates at the Fairmont Miramar hotel. For reservation details, please visit: domainfest.com/hotel.
Sponsorship Opportunities Available
A record number of 37 sponsors and exhibitors successfully promoted their brands to DOMAINfestâs high-profile audience of publishers and domain investors in February 2011. Information about 2012 sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities is available at: domainfest.com/sponsorship-options. Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.