[news release] Telnic Limited, the Registry Operator for the .tel top level domain (TLD), today announced that the launch date for the upcoming release of short (twoâcharacter) and numericâonly .tel names would be 1st June 2011.
The launch will consist of two phases:
- Landrush â A twoâweek period commencing from Wednesday 1st June 2011 at 3 p.m. BST, which will enable any individual or business to secure a short or numericâonly .tel name at a premium registration price.
- General Availability â From 3 p.m. BST on Tuesday 14th June 2011, at regular registration pricing.
The following strings will not be available for registration in this round:
- all oneâletter (from a.tel through to z.tel) domains
- all twoâcharacter country code top level domains (ccTLDs, such as uk.tel for example)
- all singleâdigit (from 0.tel through to 9.tel) domains
- all combinations of digits and/or digit and hyphen strings that contain eight or more characters (for example, 12345678.tel or 123â5678.tel)
All registrations will be on a firstâcome, first served basis. As with existing .tel domain name registrations, commercial pricing will be set by ICANNâaccredited Registrars and their resellers.
General Availability pricing is anticipated to be similar to existing .tel registration costs. Registrations can be from one to ten years.
Further information regarding short and numericâonly .tel names can be found at telnic.org/shortânumericâonly.html.
This Telnic news release was sourced from telnic.com/downloads/Telnic_Launch_Short_and_Numeric.pdf.
To register your .TEL domain name, check out Europe Registry here.