DOMAINfest Europe in Prague has announced its keynote, featured speaker and experts who will participate at the conference. The conference runs from 5 to 7 October, 2010, and will be held at the Hotel InterContinental in Prague, Czech Republic.
Information on speakers and the programme is available in the news release below.
DomainSponsor Announces Speakers for DOMAINfest Europe Conference in Prague [news release]
Bas van den Beld, Search and Social Expert to Keynote; Diverse Group of Experts Offer 1-on-1 Learning Opportunities
DomainSponsorÂ®, the domain monetization business of Oversee.netÂ® and organizer of the DOMAINfestÂ® series of conferences, released today its list of speakers and experts for DOMAINfest Europe, scheduled for October 5-7, 2010 at the Hotel InterContinental in Prague, Czech Republic.
âThe Prague agenda is designed to not only help attendees get important business questions answered, but to also help them build relationships that will pay dividends beyond our conference.â said Peter Celeste, Senior Vice President of Oversee.net and General Manager of DomainSponsor. âTo fulfill our Prague theme of Building Bridges to Build Success, we have identified critical topics and invited leading speakers and experts to share insights and answer one-on-one questions.â
Attendees will be given more than the usual amount of time to network with these experts and with each other. And, for the first time ever, free on-site interpreters will be available to help non-English speaking guests from Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic get the most out of their DOMAINfest experience.
The conference begins Tuesday, October 5 in the late afternoon with welcome drinks in the Exhibit Hall where attendees will have a chance to meet with exhibitors. The Wednesday agenda includes informative presentations in the morning followed by a Power Networking session after lunch, and concludes with a MonikerÂ® Domain Auction and a dinner networking party.
On Thursday, instead of more sessions, attendees will have their choice of morning and afternoon relationship-building excursions in and around Prague, followed by a farewell dinner party sponsored by DomainSponsor.
Wednesday Morning Agenda Highlights
Peter Celeste, SVP and GM, DomainSponsor
Opening Presentation â Five Myths About the Domain Industry
Jeff Kupietzky, CEO & President, Oversee.net
Featured Presentation: European Internet Vital Signs â Paul Goode, Head of Industry Relations at comScore.com, will present the latest trends in European user and advertising trends. Paulâs current focus is the unified measurement of panel and census data for both online and mobile.
Keynote Presentation: The Future of Search — Bas van den Beld is a search and social expert, trainer, and well-respected blogger. Bas is the owner of StateOfSearch.com and NetTraject.nl, a Dutch company that advises on international search matters and provides training in search engine marketing and project management.
Wednesday Afternoon Agenda Highlights
Panel and Power Networking Sessions – Meet the Experts Brief panel discussions with the experts will set the groundwork for one-on-one power networking between attendees and panelists. Topics and experts include:
European ccTLD and IDN Opportunities
- Attendees can refine their ccTLD and IDN plans by joining fellow attendees and respected experts in discussing these opportunities.
- Hennie Lipman is a domain investor from the Netherlands. He is the worldâs largest trader in .mobi domains and a major player with rollouts of numeric .nl domain and short .de domains. His company, Pidom BV, is a registrar for .nl domains and owner of NL.com.
- Sergey Gorbunov is Senior PR Manager for RU-CENTER, the biggest registrar in Russia and CIS. Sergey has worked for RU-CENTER since 2007, promoting the company’s services abroad and coordinating PR activities with its foreign partners.
- Daniel Dryzeck is Chief Executive Officer and Founder of ddfund.eu, a domain development fund. A ten-year domain industry veteran, Danielâs plan is to build a multi-service ccTLD conglomerate in Europe to include a domain fund, auctions, brokerage, appraisals, domain marketplace and registrar.
- Christoph Grueneberg is the Co-Founder of DomainvermarkterForum, Germanyâs largest domain conference that began in 2006. Christoph is also the managing director of Domainvermarkter Ltd. & CO. Kg.
Alternative Ways to Monetize Domain Traffic
- Attendees can listen and learn from each other and from invited experts about monetization alternatives such as CPA, affiliate networks, and lead generation.
- Frederick Schiwek is Managing Director & Founder of DomainInvest (DI SA), which was started in 2007 and has become one of the leading European domain companies. He joined Netline S.A., a Luxembourg ISP in 2001, as International Business Development Manager. Frederick then worked with Xavier Buck and Marco Houwen to develop EuroDNS’ international business.
- Gary Bicker is Publisher Services Director, Affilinet Ltd. Gary is responsible for the delivery of all publisher related activity including negotiating & securing the best possible commercial arrangements for publishers, ensuring that all client campaigns are given the best possible exposure across the publisher base and developing the service & technology offerings to be best of market.
Selecting Keywords That Produce Traffic
- Experts will discuss European keyword tools and strategies that can help maximize the success of SEO, SEM, and domain name buying efforts.
- Florian Stelzner is a SEO Consultant for The Reach Group (TRG), which specializes in search engine optimization (SEO). With over ten years in the online industry, Florian has worked with companies including Beate Uhse, Immonet and Europeâs leading social business network, XING, where he was personally responsible for the strategic planning of all SEO initiatives.
- Thomas Bindl is Founder and CEO of Refined Labs (www.refinedlabs.com), as well as author of various publications and books. He is also an Advisory Board Member at Search Engine Strategies and speaker at industry-leading events worldwide. He has been active in the Search Industry for over a decade.
- Matej Novak is an Account Director for Ogilvy Interactive in the Czech Republic. His past experience includes working as a Search Strategist and Senior SEO Consultant at Ataxo as well as a Web developer at Planstudio. His background includes strong strategic experience and he is highly respected as a PPC specialist, balancing business objectives with SEO solutions.
European Legal Issues Impacting Domain Investors
This is an opportunity to get free advice on the latest European legal and tax issues impacting domain investment decisions.
- John Berryhill, Ph.D., Esq. has represented domain name registrants and trademark claimants in numerous UDRP proceedings and federal court proceedings. John has been a long-time advocate for the rights of domain registrants in ICANN working groups and task forces relating to intellectual property and other domain policy issues, and is a representative in the Registrar Constituency.
- Paul Keating has been practicing law since 1983. He was an equity partner at Carroll, Burdick & McDonough where he was responsible for their business, taxation, and IP group. In 2004, he relocated to Barcelona, Spain and has since begun Renova Ltd., a new rapidly growing law firm that emphasizes intellectual property.
- Christian Kerschbaum has a legal background that focuses on IT Law, domain law, and copyright law. He has extensive technical know-how in the fields of computer technology, domain names and Internet.
Moniker Premium Live Auction
MonikerÂ® will host a live premium domain name auction on Wednesday, October 6 from 16:00 to 19:00 local Prague time, followed by an extended online-only auction from October 7 to October 14. The SnapNames LiveÂ® technology used to run this live auction offers real-time online viewing and bidding from anywhere in the world via a free software download. Auction details can be found at: www.domainfest.com/Prague2010/auction
Thursday Agenda Highlights
Attendees can select one of five different morning and afternoon excursions for Thursday, October 7. Since participants in each excursion share a common interest in that excursion, it acts as a natural icebreaker for building meaningful personal relationships. All attendees from all excursions reconvene as one large group over lunch and dinner to share stories. Details on the excursions are available online at www.domainfest.com/Prague2010/networking.
DOMAINfest Prague Registration and Sponsorship Opportunities Online registration is now open. Visit www.domainfest.com for event details and to register. The cost to attend is currently US$595. Companies interested in sponsorship opportunities can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep Up-To-Date On All DOMAINfest News
To keep up with news and updates on all DOMAINfest events, including Moniker and SnapNames Live? auctions, interested parties are encouraged to sign up for DOMAINfest email alerts at www.domainfest.com.
Founded and hosted by DomainSponsor, the domain monetization division of Oversee.net, DOMAINfestÂ® brings domain industry and Internet marketing professionals together to learn, network, and do business. Guests include online advertising experts, domain publishers, domain monetization experts, SEO/SEM specialists, website developers, online marketers, ad or affiliate network suppliers, search advertising providers, venture capitalists, bankers and trademark/legal advisors. Visit www.domainfest.com to review the calendar of upcoming DOMAINfest events.
Oversee.netÂ® is the leader in Internet real estate, specializing in monetizing, registering, selling and developing domain names. The company provides an array of managed services to domain investors, corporations, and individuals across more than ten million web sites. Oversee owns one of the largest portfolios of domain names in the world. The companyâs unique optimized technology connects consumers and advertisers with highly relevant advertisements. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the companyâs core brands include DomainSponsorÂ®, SnapNamesÂ®, MonikerÂ® and LowFaresTM. To learn more, please visit www.oversee.net.