[news release] Following a previous public consultation regarding additional search functionality for .nz domain names, it has been agreed by the DNCL Board that limited searches by registrant name should be permitted.
Searches by registrant name will be restricted to:
- Searches by registrants seeking a list of their own .nz domain names ; and
- Searches that have the sole purpose of supporting a Dispute Resolution Service complaint.
To allow such searches to be introduced, the current WHOIS policy needs to be reviewed. Changes identified to the WHOIS policy include:
Including a âRegistrant Info Serviceâ search as a service under the WHOIS policy;
- Defining the restrictions on the Registrant Info Service search;
- Inserting a new clause outlining the Registrant Info Service including compliance matters;
- Inserting a new section detailing the process for the Registrant Info Service; and
- Outlining the information required on the forms to apply for the relevant service.
A marked-up copy of the current WHOIS Policy showing the proposed changes to incorporate a registrant search is available at www.dnc.org.nz/content/Proposed_WHOIS_policy_amendments.pdf .
Comments on the proposed changes to the WHOIS Policy, or on any aspect of the policy, should be sent by email to email@example.com, by fax to (04) 495 2115, or by mail to P O Box 11881, Wellington. As submissions are received they will be published on the DNC website at dnc.org.nz/registrant-search-functionality . Submissions should be received by midday on Monday 6 September 2010.
This news release was sourced from dnc.org.nz/story/consultation-paper-registrant-search-functionality
To register your .NZ domain name, check out Asia Registry here.