The nomination period for the seventh .eu Web Awards is now open and will run until 5 August. To participate, one should vote for their favourite website in each of the five categories.
The .eu Web Awards is an online competition to acknowledge websites that have high-level security standards, excellent content, and a smashing look.
Anyone who is eligible according to the Web Awards rules, including domain name holders, can nominate their favourite .eu, .ею or .ευ website.
“We are thrilled to launch the seventh edition of .eu Web Awards. With over 1000 nominees and 20 000 votes gathered until now, we believe the Web Awards represent a great opportunity for the .eu domain name holders to showcase their work at the highest possible level”, said Giovanni Seppia, EURid External Relations Manager.
The 15 finalists will be announced on 5 September 2020 and will be invited to the .eu Web Awards gala in Brussels on 18 November 2020 where the five winners – one per category – will be announced.
The winners will receive a prestigious award package, including a three-month billboard advertising campaign at Brussels Airport, a custom video produced by EURid for their promotional purposes, and a custom trophy.
The 2019 .eu Web Awards Winners were announced at gala that took place in November last year in Brussels. The winners were:
- The LEADERS (Established business with more than 10 employees) estiabakery.eu (Greece)
- The RISING STARS (Start-up/Entrepreneur with 1 to 10 employees) beebite.eu (Latvia)
- The LAURELS (Education/Institutional/Pan European on going project project) study.eu (Germany)
- The BETTER WORLD (Environmental/green projects) greengiving.eu (Netherlands)
- The HOUSE of .eu (News/Media/Entertainment/Blog-company or private) greeneuropeanjournal.eu (Belgium)
Special Commendations went to:
- Artistic creativity – old-love.eu (Germany)
- Better European society – valueablenetwork.eu (Italy)
To nominate your favourite website and cast your vote for the best .eu, .ею and .ευ websites around, go to webawards.eurid.eu!
To be eligible to nominate, you must be aged eighteen (18) years and over, be a resident of a Member State of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or an EU citizen (that is, be eligible to register a .eu domain name) and who has accepted the Awards rules. The awards cover .eu, .ею and .ευ websites. See the award rules for the full terms and conditions.