New terms and conditions for .at domain names come into effect on 1 October when Terms 2013, version 3.0 will become valid. The registry, nic.at, says the benefits for registrants will be:
- more flexibility, less bureaucracy
- more clarity
- more transparent formulation.
To download the new terms and conditions, go to: www.nic.at/en/service/agb_aenderungen_2013/#c5621.
Some of the changes include:
- a reduction in the period required for cancelling a domain name will be reduced from 28 days to one
- changes to how to confirm a change of registrant or cancellation if the domain is registered through a nic.at partner (registrar)
- digitally signed emails from the registrant no longer required
- standardisation of registration processes.
All existing registrants will be notified of the changes by the end of August.