[news release] ICANN invites its Supporting Organizations (SOs) and Advisory Committees (ACs) to nominate volunteers to serve as mentors in its Fellowship Program and to serve on the Fellowship Program Selection Committee. There will be a total of seven mentors and seven Selection Committee members, and each group is welcome to nominate one individual for each role.
Interested SOs/ACs should select their respective Fellowship Program mentor and Selection Committee representative by 31 January 2021 and notify email@example.com. Individual self-nominations will not be considered.
- Mentors generally must plan on a time commitment of approximately 30-40 hours before, during, and immediately after each ICANN Public Meeting. This includes extensive pre-meeting preparation, on-site support for their assigned fellows, and post-meeting reporting.
- Each mentor will serve a term that includes three consecutive ICANN Public Meetings, beginning with ICANN72.
- Mentors are expected to follow Fellowship Program guidelines to help ensure consistency in capacity development opportunities for fellows and to help fellows actively participate in ICANN’s work.
- Mentors will receive travel funding support (if applicable).
- Selection Committee:
- Members should plan on a time commitment of approximately 30-40 hours over four to five weeks for each Public Meeting.
- Selection Committee members will typically serve for two years, which encompasses six Public Meetings.
- Work for this role will begin in April 2021 to select fellows for ICANN72.
Mentors cannot serve on the Selection Committee while serving their terms as mentors.
ICANN’s mission is to help ensure a stable, secure, and unified global Internet. To reach another person on the Internet, you need to type an address – a name or a number – into your computer or other device. That address must be unique, so computers know where to find each other. ICANN helps coordinate and support these unique identifiers across the world. ICANN was formed in 1998 as a not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with a community of participants from all over the world.
This ICANN announcement was sourced from: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2020-11-16-en