Deadline: 6 September 2010 â 23:59 UTC
The Affirmation of Commitments calls for a periodic review of four key ICANN objectives, namely:
- Ensuring accountability, transparency and the interests of global Internet users;
- Preserving security, stability and resiliency of the DNS;
- Promoting competition, consumer trust and consumer choice;
- WHOIS policy.
In line with the Affirmation provisions, the Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review (SSR) is to be objectively performed by a Review Team composed of:
- Volunteer Community Members representing the relevant Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees of ICANN;
- ICANN CEO (or designated nominee);
- GAC Chair (or designated nominee); and
- Independent experts.
The composition of this Review Team 2 shall be jointly determined by the CEO of ICANN â Mr. Rod Beckstrom â and Chair of the GAC â Mrs. Heather Dryden (in consultation with GAC Members).
Whereas a Call for Applicants for volunteer RT Members was launched on June 1, ICANN now invites interested individuals to apply for a position of Independent Expert on the Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review Team.
Please refer to the Preserving Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review â Call for Independent Experts, Details [PDF, 91 KB] for further information and instructions on the application process.
An extensive expertise in the subject under review as well as an ability to remain fully independent and objective constitute highly desired requirements for a valid application.
Interested candidates, please submit your CV, letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 September 2010 â 23:59 UTC. Relevant experience should be clearly stated.
This ICANN announcement was sourced from: