ICANN is immediately seeking expressions of interest for the 2010-2011 Nominating Committee (NomCom) Chair.
The NomCom Chair is responsible for organizing the NomCom in its activities to select certain ICANN Board members and individuals who will serve in key leadership positions within ICANNâs supporting organizations (SO) and advisory committees (AC) in accordance with ICANNâs Bylaws. The Chair is a non-voting member of the NomCom selected by ICANNâs Board to serve until the conclusion of the next ICANN annual meeting.
To properly serve as Chair, the selected individual must have: (i) adequate time available to undertake the role; (ii) excellent communication and negotiation skills to manage a committee of 22 – 23 members; (iii) a clear understanding of the duties and responsibilities of each position for which the NomCom is selecting candidates; (iv) experience on or with a Board of Directors; (v) strong organization and leadership skills; (vi) ability to remain unbiased; (vii) no conflicts of interest, and (viii) a thorough understanding of, and satisfy, all criteria set forth in ICANN Bylaws relating to the NomCom (see icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VII).
No person who is an employee of or is a paid consultant to ICANN (including the Ombudsman) shall simultaneously serve as a member of the NomCom, including the post of Chair.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews the NomCom policies and procedures with the committee members and supporting staff and ensures that all activities of the NomCom are in compliance.
- Plans, schedules and chairs NomCom meetings as required.
- Appoints non-voting Associate Chair if so desired.
- Reports to ICANN Board on status of the NomCom.
- Prepares and publishes the NomCom report.
- Coordinates due diligence on nominated candidates in cooperation with ICANNâs General Counsel and any outside firm(s) retained to perform due diligence activities.
- Conducts outreach with ICANN Constituencies, ACs and SOs (with Chairs of those groups), ICANN Board, and other bodies outside ICANN.
- With other committee members, reviews and evaluates candidate Statements of Interest (SOIs) and references submitted during NomCom process; additionally schedules and manages both telephone and face-to-face interviews with selected candidates.
- Ensures NomCom records are secure and then deleted at the end of the year, with the exception of Statements of Interest that candidates want ICANN to retain for the NomCom for future consideration.
- Approves outreach/advertising methods for attracting candidates.
- Ensures all potential nominees are notified of final results, and all candidates on the result of elections results in a timely and confidential manner.
- Approves posting of NomCom announcements on ICANN website.
For more specifics about the activities and time involvement of the NomCom Chair see this attached chart.
Further, for more information about the NomCom see nomcom.icann.org.
All reasonable travel expenses and administrative costs incurred as a result of performing the duties as NomCom Chair in accordance with ICANNâs policies will be reimbursed by ICANN upon the Chairâs submission to ICANN of valid receipts and invoices.
Expressions of Interest
Expressions of Interest, which will be maintained as confidential, should be sent to NomComChair2010@icann.org no later than 26 July 2010.
This ICANN announcement was sourced from: