Anyone interested in applying for leadership positions in ICANN has had the deadline for applications extended to 29 March, the 2021 Nominating Committee (NomCom) announced.
Individuals selected for the leadership positions will work with colleagues from across the globe, helping to shape the Internet’s technical coordination and policy development.
The NomCom is accepting applications for the following positions:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors
- Three regional representatives for the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one each representing the Africa region; Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region; and Latin America and Caribbean region
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council – one representing the Contracted Parties House and one representing the Non-Contracted Parties House
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council
Applications for open positions are due on 29 March 2021, 23:59 Universal Coordinated Time (UTC). Additional information about the selection process and the application portal can be found here. Those selected will make a valuable contribution by helping to ensure the stable and secure operation of the Internet’s unique identifier systems.
Although the NomCom cannot currently meet in person, it is working closely with the ICANN Board and organisation to ensure that its work continues. The selection meeting is currently scheduled to take place in July.
The NomCom selection process operates in five phases:
- Phase One: Planning (September 2020 to January 2021)
- Phase Two: Recruitment (January 2021 to March 2021)
- Phase Three and Four: Assessment and Selection (April 2021 to July 2021)
- Phase Five: Reporting (August 2021 to October 2021)
More information about the 2021 NomCom and the selection process can be found here.