Googleâs fifth open new gTLD commenced its Early Access Program on 2 October with a new tier commencing each day until 6 October at 16:00 UTC, each tier with a lower price. Tier 5, which is the final and cheapest tier commencing on 6 October lasts 3 days. Then on 9 October General Availability commences with the standard fee.
.page is being promoted as an ideal domain name for all occasions… a generic top level domain!
Google is promoting security as a top priority for all Google Registryâs domains, including .page. To help keep information safe, all .page websites require an SSL certificate, which helps keep connections to .page domain names secure and helps protect against things like ad malware and tracking injections. Both .page and .app, which launched in May, will help move the web to an HTTPS-everywhere future.
Google also has a claims period that runs indefinitely, during which trademark owners will receive notification when their marks are registered as domains.
Google has listed 10 interesting things some people and businesses are already doing on .page:
- Ellen.Page is the website of Academy AwardÂ®-nominated actress and producer Ellen Page that will spotlight LGBTQ culture and social causes.
- Home.Page is a project by the digital media artist Aaron Koblin, who is creating a living collection of hand-drawn houses from people across the world. Enjoy free art daily and help bring real people home by supporting revolving bail.
- ChristophNiemann.Page is the virtual exhibition space of illustrator, graphic designer, and author Christoph Niemann.
- Web.Page is a collaboration between a group of designers and developers who will offer a monthly online magazine with design techniques, strategies, and inspiration.
- CareerXO.Page by Geek Girl Careers is a personality assessment designed to help women find tech careers they love.
- TurnThe.Page by Insurance Lounge offers advice about the transition from career to retirement.
- WordAsImage.Page is a project by designer Ji Lee that explores the visualizations of words through typography.
- Membrane.Page by Synder Filtration is an educational website about spiral-wound nanofiltration, ultrafiltration, and microfiltration membrane elements and systems.
- TV.Page is a SaaS company that provides shoppable video technology for ecommerce, social media, and retail stores.
- Navlekha.Page was created by NavlekhÄ, a Google initiative that helps Indian publishers get their content online with free authoring tools, guidance, and a .page domain for the first 3 years. Since the initiative debuted at Google for India, publishers are creating articles within minutes. And NavlekhÄ plans to bring 135,000 publishers online over the next 5 years.