Dynadot is releasing three updates in coming months that focus on their aftermarket tools and features. This week they explained the first of these updates, their new ‘Last Chance Domain Auctions’.
Their last chance domain auction provides access to new auctions for domains that were unsuccessfully acquired from Dynadot’s other aftermarket auctions. This Dynadot explains gives users another opportunity to register valuable domain names before they return to the open registration market, where it’s potentially more difficult to predict when the domain will be available and how quickly the domain will be registered.
According to Dynadot, with these new auctions they wanted to ensure that they maintained their auction integrity and fairness by allowing users a second chance to register domains that were not handed off during previous auctions. They suggest monitoring the last chance auctions page for domain opportunities that may have previously been missed or were not successful in acquiring to attempt to add them to one’s portfolio!
Dynadot’s last chance auction is a relist auction. Domains that are won through their other aftermarket auctions occasionally do not move to the auction winner’s account due to a variety of reasons such as: abuse, fraud or the payment was not fulfilled. Instead of these domains being unavailable for other users to bid on, they will now be listed on their last chance auctions page.
Participating in a last chance auction is just as easy as using Dynadot’s other aftermarket auction pages: simply visit the last chance domain auctions page, search through the auction listings/filter the list based on the provided options and click the name of the domain you are interested in. On the following page, just enter your bid amount, click the checkbox for the service agreement and place your bid.
Dynadot give some additional notes regarding their last chance domain auctions:
- Domains will be auctioned for 7 days starting from the time the domain is listed. You can view the start and end time by clicking on a domain name in the auction list.
- Many features from our other auction pages are also applied to our last chance auctions. This includes: using proxy bids to automatically place bids for you, reviewing the estimated price of domains calculated by Estibot (a domain appraisal tool commonly found throughout the domain industry), reviewing the bid history of an auction and placing domains on your watchlist to monitor.
- If you win an auction, you will have approximately 3 days to complete the payment. Once you have successfully paid, the domain will be added to your Dynadot account.
- Domains won through this auction will be in a “Auction Lock” status for approximately 15 days.
- Auctions that are won through the last chance auction will not be renewed. Domains retain their original expiry date.