It’s January and that means many things. But for the German-speaking domain name community, it’s not just peak skiing season, it means that the annual Domain Pulse conference, the largest annual domain name conference in Europe, is just around the corner!And this year the German hosts DENIC are setting up camp in Berlin on 26 and 27 February at andel’s Hotel for two days of the latest of happenings in the domain name world with a focus on Europe and in particular the German-speaking countries, and plenty of networking opportunities with your peers plus the usual glamorous gale event. And fear not non-German speakers, all sessions are translated into English, if presented in German, and vice versa.Topics on the agenda relating to domain names over the two days include:
- an interim report on new gTLDs
- a panel discussion featuring registry and registrar representatives on their experiences with new gTLDs
- search engine optimisation with new gTLDs featured
- real time detection of cyberattacks
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Kleinwächter giving an outline of internet governance in 2015, with no doubt the IANA transition featuring as well as a panel session featuring some of the German-speaking specialists
- some recent legal highlights from SWITCH, nic.at and DENIC
- registrants and trademark owners discuss their differing views on how they view DENIC’s policies.
So go to www.domainpulse.de and register, book your hotel and flights or rail travel if required, pack your bags and get to Berlin at the end of the February. And stay the weekend to check out one of Europe’s most exciting cities.