Dating site Match.com says it will begin screening its users against sex offender registry

[AP] Singles website Match.com said Sunday that it will begin screening its users against the national sex offender registry after a woman filed a lawsuit against the company saying she had been assaulted by someone she met through the dating service.Mandy Ginsberg, president of the popular singles site, told The Associated Press in an email that the company had considered such screenings for years, but “their historical unreliability has always led us to conclude against it.”
www.washingtonpost.com/business/dating-site-matchcom-says-it-will-begin-screening-its-users-against-sex-offender-registry/2011/04/17/AFBJCfwD_story.htmlAlso see:Match.com will screen users against sex offender database
Several days after an L.A. woman filed suit against Match.com claiming she was attacked by a man she met on the dating site, company officials announced Sunday they would begin crossing-checking users against sex offender databases.The company released a statement to the Associated Press on Sunday night announcing the change. The statement said Match.com in the past had not screened users against a national sex offender database over fears that such checks would be flawed and could give a false sense of security. Officials said they remain concerned about how accurate the checks would be.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/04/matchcom-will-screen-users-against-sex-offender-database.html

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.