As of 1 December 2013, new terms and conditions for .cl domain names will come into force, with transitional arrangements for new registrations commencing 1 November.
The new rules will see:
- every domain name registered but not paid for as of 1 December will be deleted
- domain names deleted will become available to the first applicant
- any disputes arising from new registrations or deletions will be processed and resolved according to the new domain-name dispute resolution policy
- all disputes lodged over domains prior to 1 December will be resolved following the old terms and conditions
- transfers of .cl will no longer be available from 1 December 2013, the date from which will commence the new procedure of change of owner – this procedure shall be compulsory for all holders of domain names registered, transfers initiated before that date will continue its processing according to the norms informed at the time of the notification of the beginning of the procedure
- new domain registrations will only be allowed a single email address for the administrative contact address; this address will be used in the procedure of transfer of domain names to the future system of user accounts.
The above information was translated using an online translation. For accurate information in Spanish only, and more information, see www.nic.cl.