EURid Wins Domains Award At 18th eco://awards For Domain Registration Abuse Prevention System
Posted in: Domain Names at 25/11/2019 21:35
2019 eco://awards winners
EURid has won the “Domains” award at the 18th eco://awards for their Domain Name Registration Abuse Prevention System it was announced Thursday. The system prevents abuse through machine learning, identifying whether a newly registered domain name is likely to be used abusively. And the day before, EURid was handing out their own awards at the .eu Gala Awards.
The EURid system, which they call APEWS (Abuse Prediction and Early Warning System), is based on an innovative methodology that evaluates patterns pertaining to domain name registrations to assess whether they might be used in an abusive manner. EURid will publicly APEWS on 4 December 2019.
There were 6 visionary and innovative business models honoured by the association Thursday night as part of a festive awards ceremony. What they all have in common, eco said in their announcement, is that their market-ready products, services or processes use the Internet as their basis or as an intelligent extension. There was also a Special Award for Ladies in Tech presented to Stefanie Kemp for her outstanding commitment to female business leaders in the Internet industry.
The full list of winners at the eco://awards were:
- Datacenter Infrastructure: RWE Supply & Trading GmbH and Riello Power Systems GmbH for the holistic UPS-Battery-Solution Master+, which turns data centers into partners of the energy transition and allows them, with the operators, to benefit from the opportunities on the energy market.
- Hosting: luckycloud GmbH for their eponymous cloud hosting platform from Germany – secure, high-performance, and customer-oriented.
- Security: DRACOON GmbH for a filesharing solution that helps with the challenge of storing, administering, and sharing data securely. DRACOON is the market leader in the area of Enterprise Filesharing in the German-speaking region and gives the world back sovereignty of its data.
- Domains: EURid vzw for a Domain Name Registration Abuse Prevention System. The System can, through machine learning, identify whether a newly registered Domain Name is likely to be used abusively.
- Cloud: oneclick AG for the onclickTM Platform – the simplest, fastest, and most secure way to connect users with aöö business applications and data.
- Innovation/Digitale Geschäftsmodelle: ClearVAT AG for the solution EUR VAT Clearing Solution. ClearVAT is the first – and as yet only – pan-European payment service provider for legally compliant calculation, collection and remittance of VAT in cross-border EU retail.
- Special Award Ladies in Tech for Stefanie Kemp:The Special Award “Ladies in Tech” honors Stefanie Kemp, Group Chief Innovation & Transformation of the Lowell Group, for outstanding work, her exceptional contribution for female business leaders in the Internet industry, and her great dedication to the digitalization of society and the economy.
In other awards news, the day before EURid also handed out their own awards with 7 winners in this year’s .eu Web Awards competition. The 2019 .eu Web Awards winners were:
- The Leaders category: estiabakery.eu (Greece)
- The Rising Stars category: beebite.eu (Latvia)
- The Laurels category: study.eu (Germany)
- The Better World category: greengiving.eu (Netherlands)
- The House of .eu category: greeneuropeanjournal.eu (Belgium)
Special Commendations went to:
“We are very excited about these winners of the 6th .eu Web Awards. As always, the Jury had a very difficult time in coming to a decision, as all of the finalists’ websites were inspiring in their own ways. Therefore, the winners should be very proud!”, commented Giovanni Seppia, EURid External Relations Manager.
The 2019 .eu Web Awards competition recorded 139 nominations with close to 5500 votes during the nomination and voting period. The winners were announced at a Gala event, which took place in Brussels, Belgium at the Theatre du Vaudeville on 20 November 2019. For the fourth year in a row, the amazing BBC news presenter Sally Bundock hosted the evening. There were performances from the English singer-songwriter James Morrison, and Emilio Dosal, actor-dancer-choreographer.
2019 EURid .eu awards winners